Listrom Training and Consulting are offering Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) certification courses on:
Weekend course dates:
- March 16 & 17, 2019, in Regina, at Comfort Suites Hotel (SALE PRICE: $199.00/person plus five per cent GST)
Weekday course dates:
- Feb. 28 & March 1, 2019, in Regina, at Comfort Suites Hotel (SALE PRICE: $199.00/person plus five per cent GST)
For a full list of course dates and locations, visit www.listromtrainingandconsulting.com
MHFA is a nationally recognized two-day workshop involving 12 hours of instruction. To obtain certification through the Mental Health Commission of Canada, participants must attend all 12 hours.
The topics covered in this workshop
- Substance-Related disorders – Including crisis response for an overdose.
- Mood-Related disorders – Including crisis response for suicidal behaviour.
- Anxiety-Related disorders – Including crisis response for a panic attack.
- Trauma-Related disorders – Including crisis response for acute stress reaction.
- Psychotic disorders – Including crisis response for a psychotic episode.
MHFA is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem, experiencing the worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Just like physical first aid is provided until medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is given until appropriate support is found or until the crisis is resolved.
For the workplace, MHFA is a foundational component of any Psychological Health and Safety program. According to the Mental Health Commission of Canada, 20 per cent of all sick leaves are related to mental health. The Great-West Life Assurance Company reports that 30 per cent of all disability claims are related to mental health, and further, that depression is a secondary diagnosis in 75 per cent of long term disability claims. Employers who set a strategic direction for improving mental health in the workplace benefit greatly, and are rewarded with significant improvements in:
- Productivity. Psychologically healthy employees work efficiently.
- Cost savings due to disability and absenteeism. There is a strong link between mental health, physical well-being and injury prevention.
- Operational success. Mentally healthy workplaces are characterized by higher levels of employee motivation, commitment, innovation and creativity, as well as fewer errors, better decision making and improved planning.
- Recruitment and retention. Today’s employees are looking for a workplace that supports their personal and professional growth.
- Conflict reduction. Better mental health among employees means fewer grievances and complaints, and a stronger corporate reputation.
To secure a seat, please complete the registration form, found at listromtrainingandconsulting.com/register, and return it to us by email. Full payment of the course fee is due 21 days before the course begins. Fees may by paid by cheque (make cheque payable to Carissa Listrom) or by electronic money transfer (security question answer: mhfirstaid). If mailing a cheque, please include the original registration form so payments can be tracked.
For additional information regarding MHFA and other course dates/locations, please contact us by email, email@example.com, by phone, 306-526-2958, or visit http://listromtrainingandconsulting.com.