The Saskatchewan WCB has provided an extension to employer relief measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Relief measures have been extended until July 31, 2020 and will be monitored monthly. The extensions and additions to the pandemic relief measures are:
- Penalties applied in 2020 will be removed. This includes late filing, under estimate and late registration penalties. This will be automatically applied, and employers do not need to call to initiate this process.
- Waiving of interest has been extended until July 31, 2020. If no additional extensions occur, interest will be applied on Aug. 8, 2020.
- Payroll audits have been suspended, except in situations where an employer may be eligible for a refund.
- Clearance letters will continue to be available to employers that meet certain criteria, even in cases where the contractor’s WCB account has not been paid.
- The WCB will prioritize payroll revisions to assist employers in reducing their premiums based on the impact of work slowdowns.
Employers are encouraged to continue to make payments as they become due. However, we do recognize that some may not be able to make current or future payments in full at this time. To provide support to those customers, our collections team is available to design a payment option to meet those needs:
Toll free: 1-800-667-7590 option 2
The WCB would also like to extend thanks to all employers who have continued to work with the WCB through the COVID-19 pandemic.