The Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy (RSTS) program has been launched in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is an employer-driven, short-term training program that provides eligible employers with financial support to train employees.

Funding to support training can help employers adjust to the impacts of the pandemic and safely align business activities with the re-opening phases of Saskatchewan’s economy.

The program is operated by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Immigration and Career Training.

Benefits of the subsidy:

  • Training support through the RSTS program will ensure employers have access to training to maintain business activities while continuing to promote workplace safety and stimulate competitiveness without a financial burden;
  • Employers select the trainee(s) and the training program;
  • 100 per cent reimbursement to eligible employers for approved training;
  • Approved employers will receive 33 per cent of the cost of training upon entering into a training agreement with the government. The remaining 67 per cent will be paid upon completion of final reporting and verification of actual expenditures; and
  • The maximum payment is $10,000 to eligible employers for the RSTS program.

For information about the subsidy or to apply, click here.

SHCA members will fall under the Transportation and Logistics section to qualify.